Followers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oct. 31--Anniversary Sunday at Morgan's Point--IT'S RENEWAL TIME!

The Covenant Renewal led by Joshua at the end of his tenure as leader is the basis of this message preached on the occasion of the 170th Anniversary of Morgan's Point United Church. The message ends with an opportunity for everyone to join in these words of Covenant Renewal (adapted from a service by John Wesley, the founder of Methodism).
I am no longer my own, but yours.
Put me to what you will, place me with whom you will.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be put to work for you or set aside for you,
praised for you or criticized for you.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and fully surrender all things to your hope and service.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
you are mine, and I am yours.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be made also in heaven.
Amen
.

The rest of the service is found here. Be blessed!

No comments: